We support our artists if they wish to offer their work for sale. If you are interested in purchasing a piece, please email the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. and list the Artist’s Name and the Title of the piece. The Registrar will connect you with the Artist.
The Judging Panel consists of two judges who are recognized for their expertise in that category:
• All work will be judged for quality of artistic presentation and appropriate depiction of both wildlife and habitat. Both judges will agree on recipients of major awards.
• At the judges’ discretion, ribbons and cash awards will be awarded for First, Second and Third Place in each category. The judges may also award up to two Honorable Mention ribbons in each category.
• Presentation of awards will take place at the:
1. PAINTING: oil, alkyd; acrylic; transparent or opaque watercolor or any aqua media.
2. DRAWING: pastel; charcoal; graphite; colored pencil; scratchboard; ink.
3. PHOTOGRAPHY: film or digital with or without standard enhancements; film or digitally altered, digitally manipulated images.
4. DIGITAL ART: Using digital technology that imitates any or all of the above categories. May include photo, painting and drawing manipulation.
5. THREE-DIMENSIONAL: carving and sculptures created in any durable material.
6. MIXED MEDIA and OTHER: any combination of media or artwork not covered in above categories.
An outstanding member who is serving on a committee, chairing a committee or going above and beyond our expectations to make IWA a thriving and interesting communittee of artists.
A member in good standing for one year or more.
A returning member exhibiting after a hiatus.
A new member exhibiting for the first time this year.
The critiria for consideration for Signature Membership includes the following:
A member who has exhibited the above criteria may be nominated by any other member of the organization. The Board reviews the the member's accomplishments, and if approved, awards the member at the next Annual Meeting with a certificate. The member is then always recognized with the organization's initials after their name in all correspondence, on the website and in all exhibits.